While Chicago’s lakefront parks are popular with residents and tourists alike, public green space abounds in many parts of the city. Take in lagoons, prairies, wetlands and woodlands across the urban landscape. Peek into field houses and refectories. Gaze at bridges, pergolas and fountains, from the utilitarian to the ornate. Observe how Chicagoans and visitors engage with the parks in all seasons by biking, ice skating, sledding, competing in archery, taking selfies, celebrating events and more.
Digital CollectionsCollections that focus on Chicago’s parks include:
More CPL Resources
- Finding Aids
- The descriptive inventories for other related archival collections.
- Chicago Park District Records: Drawings Finding Aid
- Clarence Hatzfeld Papers Finding Aid
- Millennium Park / U.S. Equities Realty Collection Finding Aid
- Millennium Park, Inc. Finding Aid
- Open Space Section Records Finding Aid
- Park Blog Posts
- Written by CPL librarians and staff.