This collection documents how Chicagoans lived their daily lives and how their neighborhoods changed and evolved over time. Go back to school, revisit favorite restaurants, salute members of the military or just ride around the city. Every neighborhood tells a story!
Digital CollectionsCollections that center around Chicago’s neighborhoods include:
- Chicago Sewers Collection
- Photographs of sewer systems and passageways from 1925 to 1949 offer a rare look at the underbelly of Chicago.
- Henry D. Green Photograph Collection
- Photographs by Henry Green of businesses, community groups, neighborhood celebrations and school events on Chicago’s North Side, 1943-1951.
- Robert W. Krueger Photograph Collection
- Local photographer Robert Krueger documented Chicago’s North Side with photographs of community events, buildings and people.
- Northside Clubs and Organizations
- Glimpse into the activities of the thriving civic service scene on the North Side as well as the rich ethnic and religious heritage of the community.
- Northside High Schools
- Photographs of high school football games, theatrical productions, dances and extracurricular activities from the 1870s to the 1950s.
- Ravenswood-Lake View Community Collection
- Street scenes and community life on the North Side, 1860s-1990s.