Millennium Park U.S. Equities Realty Collection
Follow the construction of BP Pedestrian Bridge, the first bridge designed by Frank Gehry; Anish Kapoor’s monumental public sculpture, Cloud Gate, aka The Bean; the Gehry-designed Jay Pritzker Pavilion, a soaring bandshell that hosts the U.S.’s last free outdoor classical music series; Jaume Plensa’s Crown Fountain, a cascading interactive video sculpture; Millennium Monument; Lurie Garden; and McCormick Tribune Plaza and Ice Rink. Watch the park take shape with general construction photos, or take in sweeping views with full park images.
The Millennium Park U.S. Equities Realty Collection is housed in the Special Collections and Preservation Division at Harold Washington Library Center.
- Collection Highlights
- Get a taste of how this transformation took place in a selected group of images.
More CPL Resources
- Finding Aids
- The descriptive inventories for other related archival collections.
- Millennium Park / U.S. Equities Realty Collection Finding Aid
- Millennium Park, Inc. Archives Finding Aid
- Millennium Park Blog Posts
- Written by CPL librarians and staff.