Connect with the residents of Chicago and their stories through these fascinating photographs dating from the 1860s through the 1990s.
Digital CollectionsCollections that center around Chicago’s neighborhoods include:
- Chicago Sewers Collection
- Photographs of sewer systems and passageways from 1925 to 1949 offer a rare look at the underbelly of Chicago.
- Henry D. Green Photograph Collection
- Photographs by Henry Green of businesses, community groups, neighborhood celebrations and school events on Chicago’s North Side, 1943-1951.
- Robert W. Krueger Photograph Collection
- Local photographer Robert Krueger documented Chicago’s North Side with photographs of community events, buildings and people.
- Northside Clubs and Organizations
- Glimpse into the activities of the thriving civic service scene on the North Side as well as the rich ethnic and religious heritage of the community.
- Northside High Schools
- Photographs of high school football games, theatrical productions, dances and extracurricular activities from the 1870s to the 1950s.
- Ravenswood-Lake View Community Collection
- Street scenes and community life on the North Side, 1860s-1990s.